The Art of Breadmaking
Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked bread, yet so many people are unsettled by the idea of baking their own bread.
This course will cover:
- introduction to the bread baking, the kitchen essentials, conversions, recipe understanding, and how to adjust based on different ovens, and climate temperatures in the kitchen.
- Differences between various flours and how to use them;
- Various ingredients used in baking bread;
- Different kinds of breads, and when to serve them;
- Techniques for preparing different kinds of breads; and
Practically baking different loaves like white bread, dinner rolls/buns, rye bread, focaccia, sourdough and gluten-free bread
R1155-00 – Waterberg Tourism Members
R1365-00 – Non-Members
Max 6 persons
Printed workshop manual with recipes, note book and pen, certificate, all ingredients for meal preparation, chef’s apron, chef’s cap.
Coffee and tea will be served. Lunch will be meals prepared.